“I can’t wait to see my dentist!” When is the last time you heard someone say that? The answer is probably never, or at least not often. In fact, most people would say just the opposite. They associate dental care with pain, discomfort, and a hostile environment. Drs. Larsen and the team at Parkside Dental have a very different view of dental care. We are in the business of smiles, and we want to see our patients use them!
Our office is designed to be comfortable and relaxing with free refreshments, Wi-Fi, relaxing neck pillows, televisions in the treatment room, and a play area for kids. Our caring and compassionate staff will make every effort to ensure your comfort. However, delivering care in a relaxed, inviting atmosphere is only one part of creating a pleasant dental experience. Pain is the number one concern for most patients, so we decided to eliminate it from our practice. Dental care can be, and should be, comfortable, convenient, and pleasant.
Modern dentistry has a tremendous advantage over the pioneers of the field, and that is anesthetic. A simple injection can numb a tooth completely, for ultimate comfort. However, you probably don’t consider an injection a good start to a painless experience. After you visit our office, you will change your mind about that! We use dental vibration comfort technology, to take the pain out of injections.
Vibration has amazing numbing properties, with no medications. Nerves have a finite capacity for registering sensation. When the nerves are busied with vibration, they do not register the feeling of the injection, just as a phone or radio signal overran with static won’t carry sound. Vibration injection systems are especially helpful for children, who tend to think it is fun or amusing – and they rarely even notice the numbing medication being injected.
Three steps to painless injections
How does advanced technology take the pain out of shots?
- Topical anesthetic – We begin by applying a powerful numbing gel to the injection site.
- Temperature control – A significant portion of the discomfort associated with injections is caused by the body’s reaction to cold anesthetic. Therefore, we bring the medication to body temperature before injecting.
- DentalVibe – This is the most important part of the process. Parkside Dental is one of a select few dental offices to incorporate this advanced comfort technology. DentalVibe is a small device that delivers soothing, numbing vibration to the tissue immediately prior to and during the injection. Patients never even notice the injection thanks to this amazing technology. How is that possible?
The same nerves that carry pain signals also carry the sensation of vibration. However, the vibration sensation travels faster than the pain sensation, so it reaches the brain first. Therefore, vibrations from DentalVibe essentially block pain signals from reaching the brain, so the patient never actually feels the sensation. Patients are amazed the first time they experience a DentalVibe injection. You can learn more about this revolutionary technology at http://www.dentalvibe.com/patients/.
A reason to smile
Our goal is to make dentistry pleasant and painless for every patient of every age. How do we accomplish that goal?
- Comfortable injections
- Nitrous oxide, which has a mild relaxing effect, and is safe for children and adults
- Oral sedation, which is appropriate for most adults and kids, provides enhanced relaxation for anxious patients and those undergoing lengthy procedures
- Gentle techniques
- Old fashioned customer service and caring compassion never went out of style in our office
It’s time to discover a different kind of dental care that will leave you smiling! Parkside dental is conveniently located in Murphy, TX, serving Wylie, Richardson, Garland, Plano, and other area communities.