At Parkside Dental, we have a simple goal. We want to improve lives in Murphy, Richardson, Wylie, Plano, Garland, and surrounding communities – one amazing smile at a time. We understand that losing one or more teeth is one of the most devastating oral health problems you can encounter, and we offer a wide variety of excellent solutions to fit your budget, and meet your needs. In many cases, the premier option includes dental implants.
The root of the problem
There are many traditional solutions to missing teeth, but none of them mimics the anatomy of a tooth. Natural teeth do not rest above the gum line. They extend all the way to the jawbone, providing excellent support and stability. The lower portion of the tooth, called the root, is not replaced in traditional restoration designs. Therefore, an alternate method of stabilization, such as suction or attaching to existing teeth, is needed. Implants solve the problem by replacing the root.
A superior solution
An implant is an artificial tooth root that provides complete support for specially designed dentures, bridges, or dental crowns. The process is completed in stages, beginning with extractions if needed, followed by the surgical placement of the implants, and finally they are topped with the appropriate restoration. Often, this is accomplished by different dentists, at different locations. Parkside Dental is proud to offer complete dental implant treatment in one convenient location. Every step of the procedure is performed in our comfortable office, by the warm and friendly dental team that you know and trust.
The benefits of dental implants include:
- Excellent esthetics – An implant supported restoration mimics the anatomy of a natural tooth and helps prevent bone loss, therefore preserving the contours of your jawline.
- Long lasting – Implants can last a lifetime with good hygiene and dental care, whereas other restorations typically need to be replaced after a number of years.
- Optimal oral health – Implants are the only option for replacing the tooth root, which is necessary to prevent deterioration of the jawbone. Additionally, they do not require any alteration to the existing teeth.
- Freedom to eat anything you want – Implants can give your new teeth the same level of stability and functionality that your natural teeth had.
- Ultimate convenience – Dental implants require no adhesives, no special oral hygiene requirements, no food restrictions – no hassles!
Whether you are missing one, several, or all of your teeth, you may be a good candidate for implants. Please visit Parkside Dental for a consultation to learn more. Our Murphy, TX, office is convenient to Richardson, Wylie, Garland, Plano, and other area communities.