Parkside Dental is dedicated to providing the highest possible level of care.
Therefore, we welcome the many benefits of today’s advanced high-tech digital dentistry. Drs. Larsen have invested in a wide variety of technology, including our new CBCT (cone beam computed tomography) machine for 3D scanning.
Welcome to the future of dental x-rays
Historically, x-rays have been quite valuable in dental diagnostics and treatment planning. However, their usefulness is limited by the one-dimensional nature of the images. Additionally, the process involves biting down on an x-ray film for an extended time, which can be quite uncomfortable for the patient. Thankfully, today we have a better option.
CBCT renders detailed 3D images of soft tissue, teeth, bone tissue and nerve pathways. It only takes one pass of the cone-shaped x-ray beam to scan the patient, generating detailed, accurate, high resolution digital images.
The benefits of CBCT scanning
Why should you care what technology your dentist uses?
Are you ready to enjoy the benefits of advanced dentistry? Call (972) 961 4244 to arrange an appointment.
- The procedure is faster and more comfortable than traditional x-rays
- 3D images allow for precise placement of dental implants, optimizing treatment outcomes
- High resolution images improve diagnostic accuracy
- Both soft tissue and bone are recorded with one pass
- Extremely accurate data, with a noninvasive and painless process
- There is no x-ray film to bite down on, which is especially important to patients with TMJ dysfunction or other jaw problems
- 3D images can reveal some oral disease or tissue damage that would not show up on traditional x-rays
- Many types of specialized treatment planning software work with digital data
- Data is easily sharable with other professionals at your request, such as if you need to visit a specialist, or if you move and need to transfer your records